Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

July 02, 2024, 10:55:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

ARB Articles

Members
  • Total Members: 168
  • Latest: Grendl
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1859
  • Total Topics: 435
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 262
  • (April 26, 2024, 05:10:40 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11
Total: 11

Shoutbox

NinjaKat

2024 May 30 07:31:48
Hi all, it's almost June.  Guess what!?  I've got my 'arcade' room almost set up, to a point where I can actually sit down in front of my Amigas to play games!!!  I am keen to start up GOTHEM again, and plan to post a couple of new games this weekend!

intangybles

2024 May 28 13:55:52
Amazing New Things are happening on the forum!

intangybles

2023 Dec 03 18:01:16
Sadly.. GOTHEM has.... For the present!

intangybles

2023 Nov 29 19:04:54
Last chance! Get those GOTHEM's in!

NinjaKat

2023 Nov 01 21:48:53
November GOTHEM now live!  Have fun!  ;D

Author Topic: Game of the Month Rules and Participation  (Read 10983 times)

Offline NinjaKat

Game of the Month Rules and Participation
« on: October 29, 2019, 05:10:05 pm »
The ARBF Game of the Month is really just an excuse to focus on a great Amiga game for a month!  Here are some points to be aware of before participating:
  • Games will be selected based on votes from registered members OR selected by ARBF Administrators
  • If games are in voting lists, games will be selected by ARBF Administrators from games that have not yet been played
  • If you have a favourite game you wish to be added to a future poll, let us know by posting a reply to the 'Game Requests' forum topic!
  • Real Amigas are preferred, but Emulators are also allowed (after all it is all about the games!).  If you are using an emulator (or a real Amiga) you must not use cheats, save states, rewinds, fast forwarding, or any other advantage made available by the emulator that is not a built in feature of the game being played.  Let's just all play fair.
  • Submissions should be made directly to the GOTheM forum post, or as an email (see below), as the user submitting the score. Include your score in your post.  Include a screenshot (note there are image size limitations on the forum posts - so if you are not sure how to resize, send your hiscore as an email (see below)).  Your submission should also include verification of any per-game rules (eg Single Player, XYZ mode), and the Amiga (or Emulator) model, and operating system.  Examples could be Amiga 1200/WB3.1.4, OR Raspberry Pi/Amiberry 3.0.11.  Note: you must post using either hardware that matches the category (eg A1200 for AGA GOTheM or A500 for OCS/ECS) or equivalent emulation.
  • At the end of each month, the top 3 high-scorers, and/or the top 3 reviews, will get a special mention, and the TOP scorer will receive a special BADGE!
  • Using cheats is not allowed.  Cheats (in game codes, cracks, or though WHDLoad) are unfair to others that do not use them.  We will not know if you have used a cheat, so this is really an honesty system here.  Let's play fair!
  • High scores should be captured as a screenshot or photo, and game reviews supplied in plain text and emailed to gothem@amigaretro.com after midnight on the 1st of the month and before midnight on the last day of the month to be eligible!
DISCLAIMER: Game rom files and WHDLoad installations may be used if they are a backup of a legally owned version of that game.  While emulation itself is a completely legal way to play games, and emulators are a vital (often open-source and volunteer-produced) aspect of the ongoing conservation of aging games - piracy is illegal in Australia, and some other countries. Therefore, we here at Amiga Retro Brisbane DO NOT condone piracy in any way.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 08:49:41 pm by NinjaKat »
My Amigas:
A1200, ACA1233n-26.67, Gotek, IDE2SD 32GB, WB3.1.4, HID2AMI (Gaming)
A2000, Gotek, A2091 SCSI, SCSI2SD 32GB, WB3.1, HID2AMI (Apps & dev)
NinjaKat console - mini arcade cabinet powered by Amiberry/Raspberry Pi 4
A500 Mini

Recent Topics